2661 Retreat Avenue, Birmingham



3 Látták

Ascension – an urban-type settlement in the Podporozhsky district of the Leningrad region, the administrative center of the Voznesensky urban settlement. Located in the extreme north-east of the region, on the shores of Lake Onega.NameOriginally a village Ascension was called Namoynye Peski. The name of the settlement comes from the Ascension Monastery, located on the right bank of the Svir (operated from 1563 to 1764).StoryRussian empireVillage Ascension was formed in the middle of the 19th century on the site of the Voznesensky churchyard and the village of Svirskoye Ustye in connection with the construction of the Mariinsky water system. NAMOYNYE SANDS (Vossenie) – a village by the Svir River, the number of – 76, the number of inhabitants: 102 m., 139 r. P.; There are two Orthodox chapel. Postal office. Telegraph station. Postal and . Stage. Forge. Grain barns. Shipping pier. (1873)With the launch of the canal, the village began to develop as a trade and transshipment point on the waterway. The collection of the Central Statistical Committee described it as follows: NAMOYNYE SANDS (Vossenie, Ustye, Voznesenskaya Pristan) – a former state village near the Svir River, homesteads – 75, residents – 475; Orthodox church, 2 chapels, post station, 30 shops, 6 taverns. (1885).The was also built on the opposite bank of the Svir, administratively belonging to the Sheltozersko-Berezhnaya volost of the 1st camp of the Petrozavodsk district of the Olonets province: ASCENSION – a former garrison village near the Svir River, homesteads – 6, residents – 41; two Orthodox churches, two shops. (1885)According to the first census of the Russian Empire: NAMOYNY-SANDS – a village, Orthodox – 1039, men – 535, women – 575, both sexes – 1110. (1897)At the end of the 19th century, ship repair workshops appeared here. The village administratively belonged to the Oshta volost of the 3rd camp of the Lodeynopolsky district of the Olonets province. NAMOYNYE PESKI (VOSENIE) – the village of the Voznesensky Society near the Svir River, population: houses – 112, families – 121, men – 162, women – 204; non-peasant: houses – 12, families – 14, men – 26, women – 30; horses – 23, cows – 68, others – 3. Two schools, a post office, a pier. (1905)the USSRFrom 1927 to 1954, Ascension was the administrative center of the Voznesensky district of the Leningrad region.According to data from 1933, the village Ascension was the administrative center of the Voznesensky village council of the Voznesensky district, which included 22 settlements: the villages of Balakhovskaya, Bachurinskaya, Berezo-Kondratovskaya, Bogacheva, Brodushka, Valdomy, Gorina, Kara-Pakhomovskaya, Kondratyevskaya, Kornavolok, Krasny Bor, Menokhovskaya, Osinovka, Proleta Pustosh-Agafonovskaya, Pustosh-Stepanovskaya, Raschepova, Savinskaya, Churselga-Ilyinskaya, Churselga-Sidorovskaya, Yan-Navolok and the village Ascension, with a total population of 5029 people.By a decree of the Presidium of the All-Russian Central Executive Committee on August 20, 1935, the regional center of the village Ascension was transformed into a working village.According to the data of 1936, the Voznesensky village council with the center in the workers’ settlement Ascension included 3 settlements, 779 households and 4 collective farms.During the Great Terror of 1937-1938, according to available information, 107 residents of Ascension were shot.During the Great Patriotic War, the settlement was occupied by invaders. Released on July 18, 1944. The ships of the Onega flotilla took part in the liberation of the village. From the wooden buildings of the Ascension there is only one house, the so-called eighth hostel.According to data from 1966 and 1973, working village Ascension was subordinate to the Podporozhsky City Council.the Russian FederationAccording to 1990 data, the village was under the administrative subordination of the Voznesensky village council Krasny Bor>.On January 1, 2006 it became the administrative center of the Voznesensky urban settlement.GeographyAscension is located in the northeastern part of the region at the source of the Svir River from Lake Onega. The village is located on both banks of the river, connected by a ferry.The road 41K-147 (Petrozavodsk – Oshta) passes through the village. Distance to the district center – 91 km.Distance to the nearest railway station Podporozhye – 102 km.Population National compositionEconomyIn the village there is a river port, a repair and operational base of the river fleet and a timber industry.TransportThe settlement is located at the crossroads of three transport routes: the Svir River, the 41K-147 highway (Petrozavodsk – Oshta) and the Onega Canal.InfrastructureThe village, as the center of the Voznesensky urban settlement, has a clinic, a post office, a gas station, a library, a school, and a ferry.Ferry crossingIt was discovered during the Russian Empire. The ferry runs every hour from each shore, the journey takes a little less than 10 minutes. For local residents, travel is free, and travelers pay: from 170 rubles for a car to 1000 rubles for a truck.The crossing has several ferries: „Arkady Filatov", „Svir-1" and „Svir-2". Ferry A. Filatov „was released in 2015, and the last two are older, and they are used in case of a breakdown in the first.MonumentsIN AND. Ulyanov-LeninIn honor of the opening of the Onega CanalTo the Red Army soldiers who died during the liberation of Ascension and adjacent territoriesNotable residentsAlabyshev, Alexander Filosofovich (1905-1983) – Soviet chemist, was born in the village.Konyaev, Nikolai Mikhailovich (1949-2018) – writer, secretary of the board of the Writers’ Union of Russia.Photos by S.M. Prokudin-Gorsky. 1909 g.Ascension viewMonument in honor of the opening of the Onega CanalOnega Canal near AscensionAscension raid


Ingyenes hirdetés / Álláshirdetés feladása, regisztráció nélkül!
Álláshirdetések, Ingatlanok, Eladó járművek, IT, informatika, Egyéb hirdetések, Sporteszközök