Frontline (Ukrainian Front; before 1945 – Otarkoy, Crimean cat. Otarköy, Otarkoy) is a village in the Nakhimovsky district of the federal city of Sevastopol, part of the municipal district (according to the administrative-territorial division of Ukraine – the Verkhny Sadovsky village council of the Nakhimovsky district of the Sevastopol city council).State of the artThe area is 71.5 hectares, according to the village council, in 2009 there were 315 yards, in the Front there is a secondary school number 55, a club „Cultural complex" Korabel „, a post office, the village is connected with Sevastopol and other settlements of the city by bus.GeographyFrontline is located in the north-east of the territory of the City Council, near the border with the Bakhchisarai district, the nearest villages are Verkhny Sadovoe, Pirogovka, Kholmovka, the nearest railway station is platform 1509 kilometers. It is located on the left bank of the Belbek River in the middle reaches, on the northeastern slope of the Mekenziev mountains, the height of the village center above sea level is 81 m. Transport links are carried out along the regional highway 67N-30 Verkhny Sadovoe – Frontovoe – Krasny Mak.PopulationThe population according to the census data as of October 14, 2014 was 1006 people. Population dynamicsStoryThe first documentary mention of the village is found in the firman of Sultan Osman III from 1755, which was granted by a certain aha Megmedshe and Mustafa part of the income from the village of Otarkoi in the amount of 2000 acche. By Cameral Description of Crimea… 1784 in the last period of the Crimean Khanate Otar (in the description there are two Otars – parishes-maale a large village) was part of the Mangup Kadylyk of the Bakhchisarai Kaymakanism. After the annexation of Crimea to Russia (8) on April 19, 1783, (8) on February 19, 1784, by the personal decree of Catherine II to the Senate, the Tauride region was formed on the territory of the former Crimean Khanate and the village was assigned to the Simferopol district. After the Pavlovsk reforms, from 1796 to 1802, it was part of the Akmechet district of the Novorossiysk province. According to the new administrative division, after the creation of the Tauride province on October 8 (20), 1802, Otarkoy was included in the Chorgun volost of the Simferopol district.By Bulletin about all the villages in the Simferopol district, including the indication in which volost how many households and souls … dated October 9, 1805, in the village of Otarkoy there were 27 households, 158 inhabitants, Crimean Tatars and 27 Crimean gypsies. On the military topographic map of Major General Mukhin in 1817, 45 households are indicated in the village. After the reform of the parish division in 1829, Otarka, according to „Bulletin of the state volosts of the Tauride province in 1829", in the Duvankoy volost (transformed from Chorgun). On the 1935 map, there are 31 courtyards in the village, as on the 1842 map.In the 1860s, after the zemstvo reform of Alexander II, the village remained part of the reorganized Duvankoy volost. According to „The list of populated areas of the Tauride province according to the information of 1864", compiled on the basis of the results of the VIII revision of 1864, Biyuk-Otarkoy is a proprietor Tatar village and proprietor dachas, with 42 courtyards, 244 residents, a mosque and a water mill by the river Belbek… On the three-verst Schubert’s map of 1865-1876 shows 33 courtyards in the village. By „Commemorative book of the Tauride province of 1889", according to the results of the X revision of 1887, there were 67 households and 337 inhabitants in the village. On the mile the map of 1889-1890 in Biyuk-Otarkoy 40 households with the .After the zemstvo reform of the 1890s, the village remained a part of the reorganized Duvankoy volost. According to „… Commemorative book of the Tauride province for 1892", in the village of Biyuk-Otarkoy, which was part of the Duvankoy rural society, there were 275 residents in 44 households with 145 dessiatines of land (4 households were landless). By „… Commemorative book of the Tavricheskaya province for 1902" in the village of Biyuk-Otarkoy, which was part of the Duvankoy rural society, there were 282 residents in 42 households. In 1913, a mekteb was being built in the village. In 1914, a zemstvo school operated in the village. By Statistical reference book of the Tauride province. Part II. Statistical sketch, issue of the sixth Simferopol district, 1915, in the village of Biyuk-Otarkoy (on the Belbek River) of the Duvankoy volost of the Simferopol district, there were 65 households with a Tatar population of 482 registered residents and 23 "outsiders" and L. A. Seferov’s economy and about 20 private gardens attributed to it.After the establishment of Soviet power in Crimea, by order of the Crimean Revolutionary Committee of January 8, 1921, the volost system was abolished and the village became part of the Bakhchisarai region of the Simferopol district (district), and in 1922 the districts were named districts. On October 11, 1923, according to the decision of the All-Russian Central Executive Committee, changes were made to the administrative division of the Crimean ASSR, as a result of which the Bakhchisarai region was created and the village was included in its composition. According to The list of settlements of the Crimean ASSR according to the All-Union census of December 17, 1926, in the village of Biyuk-Otarkoy, the center of the Biyuk-Otarkoy village council of the Bakhchisaray region, there were 86 households, all peasants, the population was 307 people (163 men and 144 women). In terms of nationality, 299 Tatars and 8 Russians were counted, a Tatar school was operating. Since 1935, the village, together with the village council, was included in the newly formed Kuibyshevsky district.During the defense of Sevastopol, in 1941, the first line of defense of the city passed through Biyuk-Otarkoy. In 1944, after the liberation of the Crimea from the Nazis, according to the GKO Decree No. 5859 of May 11, 1944, on May 18, the remaining Crimean Tatars from Biyuk-Otarkoy were deported to Central Asia. On August 12, 1944, Resolution No. GOKO-6372s „On the relocation of collective farmers to the regions of Crimea" was adopted, according to which collective farmers from Ukraine were settled in an empty village. By the decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the RSFSR of August 21, 1945, Otarkoy was renamed into Front and Otarkoi village council – in Front, apparently, at the same time two neighboring empty villages were united: Orta-Kesek-Otarkoy is not found further in the documents. On June 25, 1946, the Frontline was a part of the Crimean region of the RSFSR, and on April 26, 1954, the Crimean region was transferred from the RSFSR to the Ukrainian SSR. The time of the abolition of the village council has not yet been established: on June 15, 1960, the village was listed as part of Krasnomakskoye. By the decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the Ukrainian SSR „On the consolidation of rural areas of the Crimean region", dated December 30, 1962, the Kuibyshevsky district was abolished and the village was annexed to the Bakhchisarai district. By the decision of the Sevastopol City Executive Committee No. 313 of May 22, 1965, the village, together with the Village Council, was transferred to the Sevastopol City Council. Since March 21, 2014 – part of the federal city of Sevastopol, Russia.